Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fried Rice With Salmon for Toddler

While I was playing temporary SAHM (Stay At Home Mother) 2 days ago, it was a great chance to try cooking some proper toddler food for Sanju. I managed to get some idea seeing the little vegetables we had in the fridge. Here's what I whipped up:

Fried Rice With Salmon

Ingredients
1 cup cooked rice
Grated broccoli, carrot, and garlic
Some coriander powder
Cooked & minced salmon (either steam or grill it in olive oil)

Steps
  1. Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan. Sautee the broccoli, carrot & garlic together.
  2. Add the coriander powder after 3 minutes.
  3. After 3 minutes, put in the salmon & rice.
I love using the coriander powder for some flavour as well as providing some colour to all my toddler's food. The garlic sauteed with the vegetables will give it a very nice aroma. Warning, you may not be able to keep yourself off it!

My rice turned out rather soft though, because it was my first time with the new rice cooker. Need more practice I guess. Sorry could not snap any pictures because right now my phone is without a memory card. To know how it looks like, you can try it soon. Now I am back to planning for what to cook tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails