Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Honey Roasted Cashew Nuts Recipe



When you want to have it all... on a quiet afternoon.. it is snack time... you need some snacks, the same time nothing junk. You want some power food, slightly sweet and salty, perfect to go with your ginger tea. You can always buy something off the store, but it would be more cost effective making it at home, using quality products you know it won't be the same as getting from the store.

Granolas are my all time favourite snacks that work any time of the day, especially at night, guilt-free. This time for a change, I really wanted to try this honey roasted cashew nuts recipe I always see online instead. I had just purchased my usual cashew nuts supply in bulk from the local wholesaler. It was indeed the perfect power-food snack in that moment.


You need to prepare a sauce of honey and all things nice to coat the nuts before roasting it in the oven. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave oven. Add in equal amount of honey, a small drop of vanilla essence, some salt and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Give it a nice stir till it incorporates together. 

Next pour this mixture over a bowl of raw cashew nuts, and coat it well. Spread this on a baking sheet, bake at 160C for 20-30 minutes, stirring the cashew nuts halfway.



Once done, remove it into a clean bowl. Toss with 2 tbsp of brown sugar and some salt. Let it cool and stir often.


And now, you are ready to munch! You can never go wrong with the wonderful golden colour.

After making this first batch, I realise there are some things that can be improved. For next batch, I'd make less of the honey-butter mixture, because, eventually they are only needed to coat the nuts, and the excess is wasted on the baking sheet. Also being too wet hinders it's roasting process. I also felt the vanilla essence aroma was a little too strong for my liking, I would like to skip it next time and it would still be just as good.


But I must warn, once you munch, you can't stop! No offence Pringles!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails