Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Comeback

So you ask... Do I work? Uh yes, I work 24 hours a day. Why? Because I am a Mum! That makes me an alarm clock, a cook, a maid, a waitress, a teacher, a nanny, a nurse, a handyman, a security officer, a photographer, a counselor, a chauffeur, a lifelong student, an event planner, a personal assistant, an ATM, & a comforter. I don't get holidays, sick pay or days off. I work through the DAY & NIGHT. I am on call at ALL hours for the rest of my life. Post if you are a PROUD MOM!!!
Yes, I am still here, still hanging out, still blog hopping, still a mom, but now mom of 2 cheeky boys! Finally decided to get back on blogging after the long long silence of the lambchops. I seriously hope I did not lose my writing skills while being away due to work, pregnancy, delivery and now a newborn!

Coincidentally as I was about to start blogging I saw the above quote in a friend's Facebook status. Heck, I had to share it on my own, and also here in the blog, because it is how motherhood really is. It also goes out to my mother, who has been strong by my side in this motherhood journey, second time round.

I have been meaning to blog, to write, and to share my latest thoughts, happenings, and online buys (you knew this was coming), but working from home with a fussy toddler ain't no easy task. Although I have been at my parents place for over a month now, the toddler had increased his demands by two folds, probably realising the arrival of a sibling for him to rival on.

And oh, did I mention that I delivered my newborn? Sanju v2.0 arrived on 2nd August, 4 weeks before his estimated due date, no wonder those premature contraction and false alarms. Not that I am complaining, thank god for those, I had limited number of MCs and worked from home for like the whole of last 3 months.

Gosh, checking the date of my last post, its almost 2 months since I blogged. I even prepared a draft on second time parenting experience and expectations, but it never made it out cos my work laptop has been shutdown (gladly so) since I have been on MC for the 2 weeks before I delivered. Now since Sanju v1.0 slept after his lunch, and Sanju v2.0 has been sleeping peacefully after giving me sleepless nights for the past 3 days, I could finally come back and make a comeback to the blogworld. HELLO blog-WORLD!

5 comments:

Cas said...

Welcome back to the blogging world and gosh CONGRATS on the arrival of your new little baby boy. What's his name? Look forward to seeing his photos. So you're a full time SAHM now? Totally agree with that FB status.

QarezmaV said...

Thanks dear... we named him Shanjeev... so he is Sanju v2.0...

I am on maternity leave.. i am not sure when the auspicious time will be to become SAHM yet...

Cas said...

That's a nice name. I got a cousin by the name of Sanjeev. Wish you all the best in your new journey :)

Anonymous said...

Shanjeev is a nice name, pretty modern sounding. Hope to see some pics of Sanju V2 soon ;) Are you CD-ing from the start? You're such a pro la, I feel "nervous" just getting started haha.

QarezmaV said...

we wanted both their names to match LOL

No dear.. i am not CD-ing from the start.. one thing my baby is pretty small in size, and also wanna manage less laundries during this confinement period... you may wanna standy-by some disposable diapers for your NB later for the first few weeks

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails