Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Life, Smell The Roses



Entering motherhood I made many friends through forums and groups. Most of them, if not all, gave me opportunity to continuously learn and share about parenthood and life in general. One such person that has touched me at personal level with her sharing is Claire Khoo. She was diagnosed with Stage 3 Triple Negative Breast Cancer end of last year and is now undergoing treatments.

She founded The Breast Cancer Survivors & Warriors Group in Facebook and shares her experience on her Claire Khoo blog. Her article was recently featured on MSN Lifestyle Malaysia. Her writings are a delight to read, more so with her personality reflecting through it. She is indeed celebrating the odds, celebrating life like none of us ever can.

Her experience has taught me to appreciate my life and health in particular. Her positive outlook to everything from the beginning of her journey is simply astounding. The very first time that I was chatting with her about her treatment I was shocked beyond words, but she warmed me up, and humbled me with her strength shining through her words. It was one of kind of experience which I will never forget. Reading her blog posts from time to time reminds me how life indeed needs our good spirits to hurdle through every thing, anything!

In the spirit of life and living, this brings me to the good cause of this post.

AXA AFFIN, in collaboration with National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM), are supporting cancer patients currently undergoing chemotherapy in a cancer outreach campaign. AXA AFFIN will fund the chemotherapy daycare usage to one cancer patients for every blogger that links back to AXA AFFIN 110CancerCare website in their effort to care for cancer patients. 

In essence, this one post gets a cancer patient one-day funding for their daycare usage at NCSM Treatment Centre. This is my humble contribution for those who need the support as well as the good spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails