Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Smurfs are back!

Here's the trailor for the Smurf movie coming in 2011. For those 80s kids, you would definitely remember the blue cuties that lived in mushroom houses, and the evil Gargamel terrorizing their village. When I was little, I simply loved it, together with Care Bears and Jem & the hologram.

After Avatar came out, people pointed out that the Navis were inspired from Smurfs, and now, seems like the Smurfs have been inspired by Avatar to come up with their own movie. Sounds like the chicken-egg conflict, LOL!

My first reaction after watching it, what happened to the good old cartoons? I am not against computer generated animations, in fact my most favourite movies are animations, but I think Smurfs looked great and natural(ly cartoon) in the older version. What do you think?


1 comment:

The Mrs Blogs said...

OMG can't wait for this to come out. Used to be a SUPER smurf fan as a kid :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails