Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bacon Quiche Recipe

Its been a week since I posted the quiche pictures that I made, and I have been wanting to post the recipe for it but thanks to my hectic lifestyle and busy schedule (read motherhood), I can hardly get a moment to myself, let alone blogging.

So there it is, the recipe. Before I get into the details of the recipe, let me remind you that I sort of cheated a bit on the pie crust. Since this was my first ever attempt on making a quiche, I did not want to take any chances, and decided to use ready made roti prata with onions as the base. You can most definitely use the plain ones, but the onion type brought and extra aroma and taste into the pie.

Ingredients:

Some bacon, chopped
1-2 onion, chopped
Some shitake mushroom, chopped
1.5 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
4 pieces of roti prata
Some butter

Steps:

1. In a non stick pan, fry the chopped bacon without oil. Once done take it out and set aside.

2. In the same pan, fry the onion and mushroon together till aromatic, and set aside.

3. In a bowl, whisk the milk and eggs together.

4. Butter the pie dish. Toast the prata till light brown in a non stick pan with little butter. Leave it light brown as it will further cook in the oven later.

5. Arrange the prata on the pie dish such a way that you have the sides covered as well.

6. Sprinkle the fried ingredients on the prata. Next layer it with the cheddar cheese.

7. Pour the milk and eggs combination over the pie dish. If you want you can add another layer of cheese.

8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-30mins.

You can also replace the bacon with other types of meat, or omit it out altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails