Monday, July 22, 2013

Larger Than Life

Where have all the good men gone 
And where are all the Gods?  
Where's the street-wise Hercules  
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed? 

Late at night I toss and I turn  
And I dream of what I need
I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 

'Til the end of the night 
He's gotta be strong  
And he's gotta be fast  
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 

'Til the morning light  
He's gotta be sure  
And it's gotta be soon 
And he's gotta be larger than life

Every time I hear this song while watching Shrek 2 (like for the 123,204,057th time already), I remind myself I needed a hero, larger than life.




Somewhere in my blog posts I have mentioned how our fridge is pretty small for most of my cooking and baking rendezvous. And somewhere in the tiny mentions here and there, He heard me. Yes, hubby heard my complains and cries, and decided to get me (I mean us) a larger-than-life fridge! 

My initial plan was to release the first photo on my blog, but a papa-razzi (my daddy) had leaked a sneak peek shot on FB, so I think some of you might have seen the awkward model posing with the appliance. And so here is the official unveiling, minus the model!





Somehow it was fated that we would be together. We had left just the right amount of space for our future fridge, knowing that current one was rather small and would need an upgrade sooner or later.


Due to logistic reasons it took a week to arrive to our home, so you can imagine the kind of anticipation we had for it. Upon settling it down on its spot, hubby and I spend a good 30 minutes looking and admiring it, with awe, despite the fact we were to rush back to hubby's hometown. The criteria that we looked for was a large capacity, and for hubby, he wanted a cold water dispenser. Hence this hero comes with a filter that makes the water taste somewhat fresher. And now I can look forward to new mischief from the kids with the cold water.

Once I transferred all the things into the new fridge, there was still so much space that I went wild putting all kinds of dry cooking and baking items into the freezer, and suddenly it felt so small once again.


While we adults are busy with our new home appliance, Sanju is having fun with one of his own. Meet Iron-dog. Our household iron, dragged on the floor by the cable, becomes Iron-dog. He walks his 'dog' everyday before nap. Happy family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails