Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chick Pea Curry

I was just scratching my head for something to cook that can cater for Sanju's meal, as well as for me to bring to work for lunch. Few days ago I brought some leftover black pepper mix vegs for lunch, and I loved it. Thinking it might be a good idea to have home cooked food for lunch more frequently.

Finally it came to me, I could make kichdi or some mild curry that I can take out for Sanju before I put the salt in. This is what I tried last night:

Chick Pea Curry
Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic and some ginger (crushed, you could chop them too but crushing gives better aroma)
1 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp tumeric powder
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 cup milk
50g chick peas
1 large potato
1 tomato
some cooking oil
some capsicum, diced

Steps:
1) Soak the chick peas for a couple of hours.
2) Cook the chick peas and peeled potatoes in pressure cooker for 10-15mins
3) In a pan, sautee the garlic and ginger. Add all the spice powders, some water and cook for 5 mins.
4) Add the tomatoes and milk and cook a little more.
5) Finally add in the cooked chick peas, potatoes and capcisum, cooking for 10 mins more. Crush the peas with your ladle.

And yeah, some salt to taste, once you have separated it for your baby.

I kinda tasted some of the unsalted food, and my god, it tasted bland. How Sanju endures it, I don't know, but I am glad he does. I even had to add some chilli powder in mine for extra kick. And to further curb the blandness, I packed it for lunch with some yogurt and chopped onions (keep some mint handy alright).

No pictures for now, but will upload it soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the addition of potatoes AND ginger! It must come out very creamy.

L


hip pressure cooking
making pressure cooking hip, one recipe at a time!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails