Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tuna Heart Buns

Recently hubby and I celebrated two of our wedding anniversaries. Don't be alarmed, we have 2 wedding anniversary dates because we had two different ceremonies for each our family sides. And the first wedding anniversary date actually coincides with the most coveted lover's celebration worldwide which means hubby has no reason to even slightly forget the anniversary date!

When you have two (hyperactive) kids, even a simple peaceful dinner at home spells celebration, and that is exactly what we did and still do. Hubby got these super huge grilled burgers from the new Burger Bakar Abang Burn outlet in Klang. And due to gastronomical emergencies, I did not manage to snap any pictures of the wonderful(ly savage) moments in savouring the juicy burger. However, it was so filling and rich to the taste that I swear I do not want to be in 5 meter proximity with the huge burgers. 

And then I did something special, and baked these cute hearty buns with tuna filling. It suited the occasion, and also the St. Valentine's day well. 


The lazy me is too lazy to type out the recipe, but I will give you the source of my inspiration, and success (smug look)... here is Happy Home Baking

Such simple money-can't-buy gifts are perfect for two reasons. Number 1: I am a SAHM and do not have any income. Number 2: Hubby is the best appreciator of food with an insatiable hunger for something new. I love to cook/bake, and he loves to eat. Match made in heaven, and in the kitchen.

We gobbled it down hot from the oven, while watching Vishwaroopam which I downloaded online. Oh yeah, I make my own bread and download my own movies even before it hits Malaysian cinema. SAHM rocks! Ok I admit nothing super but if you have the local censorship boards holding up screening a high profile movie by an even higher profile personality, piracy is bound to happen, and a good quality copy at that!

And then on came the second anniversary date, and so we being the loving doting clingy parents to Sanju and Jeev got them busy with their grandparents, aunties and uncles and took a quick getaway for some food. This is the view right after the last burp of satisfaction. We had scallops, mussels and oysters. Can you tell? And it was just the two of us, I swear. Only our capacity exceeds. True story!



Till the next burp, happy celebrating anything that you are or going to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails